Suzuki String Academy - Videos
Want to play this? You can probably figure out many of the notes by listening and watching. Here are some hints:
- This is in the key of A Major, and it starts on C#. On the Violin & Viola, C# can be played by using 2nd finger on the A string.
- The chorus is the easiest part to play (at about the same level as "Song of the Wind" or "Lightly Row"), and uses only: open A , open E, and fingers 1, 2, & 3 on the A string (like "Lightly Row").
- The verse is a bit harder, and uses 1, 2, & "high 3" on the D string (this is somewhere around the "Etude" or "Minuet 1" level).
Bohemian Folk Song
This song is in the Suzuki Viola book 1, right before "Etude". Violinists might enjoy it too!
- Like "Etude" or the 'Around the World' Variations on "Go Tell Aunt Rhody", this song uses the "low 2" finger pattern on the A string. This is the second finger pattern pictured on page 20 of Suzuki Violin book 1.
The "Monkey" Song
Oh Come, Little Children (Open String Harmony)
Want to play along?
- If you haven't learned "Oh Come Little Children" yet, follow the instructions written in the video. You'll be playing a very slow version of one of the Twinkle Rhythms!
- If you have learned to play it on your violin, take note! This arrangement plays ONCE in a Major (the way you learned to play it in the Suzuki Violin book). After singing two verses, play once in the key of D Major (hint: start on open A instead of open E; move all of the notes one string over...).
Rest Position Song
Getting into Playing Position
The Rocket Song