From this weeks' group class:
- Review names of parts of the violin (and what is each part for?)
- Think about how much practicing, time, money, and hard work goes into any musical performance (but especially think about violin). How many people are involved when one person gets up to perform a solo? Can you think of anyone that we did NOT mention in class today? (There is at least one group of people we didn't talk about!)
- Next week: walking (anticipation game) returns, so be listening to your music every day, and practice anticipating the last note of any piece of music.
- Next week: sharing! Everyone please prepare something to share with the class. If you are a returning student from last year, this will be any piece of music that you have worked on in a private lesson with your teacher. If you are just starting this year, and have not played any songs on your violin yet, please think of something that you have learned about the violin that you didn't know before you started attending classes & lessons, and be ready to share this with the class. PARENTS participate in sharing. Parent and child teams are allowed to share together, or you may share "solo", or you may get together with another student or another parent in the class besides your own and share together (Duet, Trio, or Quartet - but no more than 4 people sharing at one time!). You can ask your teacher to help you during your sharing time.
- From last week: "air bowing" for "Oh Come, Little Children" (the fifth song in the Suzuki violin book 1). We will review this next class, so please practice: "Up Down, Up Down Up, till we come to a stop." (x4). If you already know how to play this song on your violin, please make sure that you are using the correct bow directions when you play each note!
"Where love is deep, much can be accomplished" - Shinichi Suzuki