We will offer 6 weeks of Suzuki violin group classes with an option to sign up for either 4, 5, or 6 half hour private lessons.
Group classes will be Tuesdays at 3:30pm on June 17th and 24th, and on July 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th. Private lessons will be scheduled separately (time slots will be available on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and possibly one other day such as Saturdays if we have enough interest).
How to register for Summer Suzuki Violin:
1) Go to the SMES Extension Classes Registration Website: http://reg125.imperisoft.com/SMES/Search/Registration.aspx
2) In the "Program" drop-down menu, select "Suzuki Violin"
3) In the "Class Type" drop-down menu, select "Group + Private"
4) Click the "Search" button
5) Choose the class with the number of private lessons you want and click the "Begin Registration" link for that class. Follow the login instructions from there!
Summer Suzuki Institute opportunities:
Summer Suzuki Institutes are usually 4-6 days long and are an intensive, immersive musical experience designed for parent and child to attend together. They are a great way to boost your child's violin playing skills and motivation to practice! Daily activities include small (3-5 student) masterclasses, group classes, recitals, enrichment classes. Institutes usually conclude with a large group concert. There are opportunities to practice every day and receive daily feedback on your practicing; meet lots of other Suzuki students and parents, and be inspired!
If you are in town between June 29th - July 4th (note that we don't have SMES group classes nor private lessons during that week), I strongly encourage you to consider attending the Los Angeles Suzuki Institue (located in Pomona). More info can be found on their website: http://www.suzukimusiclosangeles.com/lasi/
Our next-closest Summer Suzuki Institute is in San Diego, "Strings by the Sea", August 4-8: http://www.stringsbythesea.org/Other Suzuki institues at different times and locations can be found on the SAA website: https://suzukiassociation.org/events/institutes/
"When love is deep, much can be accomplished." - Shinichi Suzuki